Thursday

2.

Aditi ran towards the door. She assumed it was Anu knocking. The loud rap at this ungodly hour, it had to be Anu. One look through the peephole and she had been proven accurate. Even as Aditi opened the door, the chatterbox Anu started off.

" Dude! What were you up to? I almost evaporated in the heat".

" I was taking a nap as usual. It is the best way to kill the afternoon heat. Why are you here at this time? Something up?"

" Ooh yes! Ashi called me up sometime back. She is really bored sitting at home. Frankly even I am. We decided to go for a movie in the evening. You in?"

" Fine by me. It is just one week into the holidays and I have already started hating this nothing-to-do routine. School seems so much better. I guess grass is indeed greener on the other side."

" Six o'clock show should be okay. Lets leave a little early. We can spend some time in the food court before the movie begins. We can check out which movies are running at 6 then."

" Sure. Regal right? We should be there in fifteen minutes. Lets leave at around four thirty. We can meet Ashi at the bus stop. Just inform her when you go back."

" Okay. Regal it is then. I will be here at 4. I will wait while you get ready. I can't stew in my room any longer. It feels like a torture chamber - heat and solitude! I will be down in fifteen minutes. Cya."

"Cya".

Aditi closed the door and jumped back into her bed and was fast asleep the next moment. Anu would have to wake her up if she wanted her to go for the movie. Anu was going to do that anyways, she was used to it by now.


4 comments:

KK said...

i thought the Epilogue, 1, and 2 wud be in continuation.. although i think this is kinda cool, the idea of yours.. at least i can wonder what's gonna happen next and NOT turn out to be correct! :-)

Nalini said...

Told you I do not keep fixed ends in mind... But don't worry it will (should according to my plans) all fall in place :)

Unknown said...

Regal? I thought everything was gonna be from 'A'

And ya, write faster, will it end before end of PS?

Nalini said...

The characters name begin with A. And I have a deadline in two weeks. Need to prepare my report, presentation, and sort out many other issues with my project. After that I am free. Should be able to finish it before PS ends though.